International Sourcing Agent @ A&A Global Imports
Employment type: Full-Time | Experience required: 2-4 years
We are currently seeking an exceptional individual who brings strong Sourcing expertise along with excellent cross-functional communication skills. The successful candidate develops and maintains relationships with suppliers and buying agents, which affects the overall reputation of the company, requiring maturity, sound judgment, integrity, and cultural sensitivity. The International Sourcing Agent will handle the sourcing for a variety of packaging products including glassware, plastic packaging, paper packaging. This person will actively participate in total quality enhancement of product and process execution as well as total cost reduction.
Develop and implement the short and long-term sourcing strategy that broadens the company’s capacity and capability to manage different level of growth curve, the packaging, glass and plastic product offerings of various styles at various price points and quality levels. Execute the sourcing requirements for product introduction including manufacturing process and packaging. Develop Best Practices in the following areas of concentration: Manage, locate, qualify, and select appropriate vendors, agents, and brokers who will be used in various worldwide markets to develop and deliver sourced product programs. Continually monitor and evaluate performances of the factories and/or agents quantitatively and qualitatively to insure standards of performance are maintained. This will be accomplished through regularly planned travel to factories in appropriate countries.
• Provide input to Marketing teams on product selection, design, and direction from the Sourcing perspective. Provide new product ideas along with samples and pricing by visiting factories, showrooms, and trade shows on a regular basis.
• Continually conduct detailed analysis of competitive products. Keep abreast of industry product trends and manufacturing method changes. Attend trade shows to monitor trend and new product opportunities in appropriate sourced product categories. Proactively review manufacturing opportunities with vendors, agents, and factories.
• Responsible for managing the purchase price variance and sourcing variance through proper maintenance and projection of landed costs within the system and management of actual costs versus the estimated costs, with all parties involved in the supply chain.
• Responsible for addressing quality concerns and costs of quality with vendors and internal resources.
• Responsible for development, execution, and measurement of standard guidelines for product development procedure including social compliance, testing, pre-qualification, proofing methodologies, pre-production process, order preparation, and shipping performance of the factories. New product concept development and direction setting based on manufacturing constraints and opportunities versus target costs
• Management of Development Timeline
• On-time product delivery
• Achievement of quality standards on goods delivered
• Achievement of target landed costs
· At least 3+ years of Global Sourcing including Asia supply base, Retail Buying, Consumer Product Management, Manufacturing Management, and/or Merchandising functions, preferably in glass and plastic packaging related product lines.
· Excellent analytical and organizational skills with capability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills to support both internal and external customer service requirements
· Ability to make decisive decisions and recommendations
· Ability to travel 15 - 25% - domestic and / or global
· Proficient with Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
· Mandarin preferred
You need to be signed in to apply to this position