Chief Financial Officer @ Wurk
Employment type: Full-time | Experience required: Executive
A successful CFO at Wurk will be responsible for planning, developing, organizing, implementing, directing and evaluating the organization's fiscal function and performance. They will participate in the development of the corporation's plans and programs as a strategic partner, evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action, develop credibility for the finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the CEO/President, the Board and other senior executives in performing their responsibilities. The right candidate will identify new opportunities to drive growth and build upon the Wurk brand.
What’s in it for you?
- Work with one of the most amazing tech start-ups in the industry since the interwebs started in the late 90’s
- Be a part of an incredible team that’s going places and leading an industry, located in colorful Colorado
- Apply your technical, project, and problem-solving skills to an evolving market
- Reap the benefits of Health, Dental & Vision plans, unlimited PTO, access to exciting industry events, and working with smart, collaborative peers
What you’ll need to accomplish!
- Communicate, engage and interact with Board of Directors, CEO, COO and Executive Leadership Team.
- Hire, lead, motivate and retain a team of finance and accounting professionals.
- Create, own, and utilize forward-looking models and activity-based analyses to provide financial insight into the organization’s plans and operating budgets.
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Identify, develop and execute analysis of business initiatives, product launches and/or new service offerings.
- Identify, acquire and implement systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information.
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls, SOX compliance and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data for investors and the company’s board of directors.
- Oversee the preparation and communication of weekly, monthly and annual financial statements.
- Oversee the month-end close process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies.
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems.
- Lead preparation and execution of external audit, including the selection of audit firm.
- Partner with HR on headcount planning, compensation, benefits, and other special projects.
- Partner with CEO on cash flow planning and capital raising efforts.
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners.
- Review all contracts and assist in negotiations as necessary.
- Own and communicate company metrics and related dashboards.
- Guide larger, cross-divisional teams outside of direct span of control within the company business areas.
- Oversee weekly cash management and accounts payable, approve large payables, sign checks, authorize large wires and ACHs.
- Handle office lease administration.
What you’ll need to have!
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or Finance, MBA preferred
- CPA Required
- Background in SaaS Technology Required
- Experience in operations a plus
- Background in Big 4 Public Accounting preferred
- 5 years minimum previous experience as a CFO
- 15+ years total accounting or finance experience
- Experience in external capital raising
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of GAAP, SOX compliance and required external reporting
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance-related issues
You need to be signed in to apply to this position
Other jobs @ Wurk
Wurk exists to help underserved cannabis businesses fortify, comply, and thrive in the face of uncertain regulatory environments. The Human Resources platform allows employers to protect and streamline their operations while providing an environment where employees are a priority every step of the way. The intuitive, all-in-one solution automates the most complicated and risk-prone processes with recruiting, scheduling, and payroll.