Senior Corporate Development Analyst @ Canndescent
Location: Santa Barbara, California
Employment type: Full Time | Experience required: Associate
Canndescent is a leading cultivator, distributor, and manufacturer of ultra-premium cannabis. We are passionate about creating transformative products that will help tune and enrich the human experience. We strive for excellence by hiring exceptional performers that can contribute to a fun and inspiring work culture. We are currently looking for a Senior Corporate Development Analyst for our office in Santa Barbara, CA to join our team.
What you’ll be doing:
As the Senior Analyst, you will be an integral part of the Corporate Development team which is tasked to take our brand into new markets and product categories through inorganic growth. You will report directly to the Corporate Development Manager and part of a small and fast-growing team. You will provide analytical support for business decisions throughout the organization, play a key role in crafting business strategy, and help in executing/implementing business strategies across functional areas. You will be involved in many aspects of the business developing corporate strategy, tracking industry trends, conducting due diligence on acquisition targets, supporting fundraising, creating presentations, and identifying business opportunities.
This position requires a hardworking, organized and highly analytical team member who is comfortable interacting with senior level executives. The Senior Analyst needs to be able to thrive in a highly iterative environment where responsibilities will change frequently based on opportunities to create value.
As the Senior Analyst you will:
- Conduct primary and secondary market research to identify trends, patterns, and opportunities to translate into actionable business recommendations
- Translate complex data and findings into comprehensive tables, graphs, dashboards, written reports, and presentations using Excel, PowerPoint, and other presentation software.
- Assists in mergers and acquisitions including the sourcing, funding, negotiation, and post-deal integration
- Perform qualitative and quantitative analyses to diagnose business trends
- Develop and maintain effective cross-functional and cross-divisional relationships
- Create models to project market size and growth expectations
- Develop and maintain financial models, dashboards, and presentations that track and analyze our industry, as well as prospective M&A opportunities
- Conduct outreach to potential partners, schedule meetings, prepare agendas and exercise relevant background research on key parties
Your experience and skills include:
- Being a strategic and analytical thought partner with strong financial and business acumen with a high proficiency in financial/analytical modeling skills
- Experience and comfort working directly and collaborate with executive leaders and investors
- Expert research skills, and ability to synthesize insights from diverse sources of information
- Being comfortable with ambiguity, and can confidently articulate a point of view while highlighting risks and opportunities
- Highly proficient knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and data mining tools
- Excellent spreadsheet skills and financial modeling
- Experience in developing business plans/ business cases
- Superior attention to detail
- Passion and interest in the Cannabis industry
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, and 2+ years in a consulting/ investment banking/research & analytics-oriented role
Equity: When you do well, we all do well. Every employee of Canndescent is an owner of the company
Growth Opportunity: Being part of a company at the forefront of the fastest growing industry in the US.
Healthy work environment: We provide a professional and fun work environment that brings passion and profession together
Health: Medical, Dental, Vision
Paid time off Vacation and Holidays
You need to be signed in to apply to this position
Other jobs @ Canndescent
At Canndescent, we marry the mastery of cannabis cultivation with the canvas of your life. Canndescent cultivates ultra premium cannabis flower and curates it for the adult-use California market