Compliance Manager @ Canndescent
Location: Desert Hot Springs, California
Employment type: Full Time | Experience required: Associate
Canndescent is a leading cultivator, distributor, and manufacturer of ultra-premium cannabis. We are passionate about creating transformative products that will help tune and enrich the human experience. We strive for excellence by hiring exceptional performers that can contribute to a fun and inspiring work culture. We are currently looking for a Compliance Manager for our office in Santa Barbara, CA to join our team.
What you’ll be doing:
- The Compliance Manager is responsible for ensuring the company is operating in compliance with all state and local ordinances, rules, and regulations. This position will cover all rules and regulations required to conduct normal business operations as well as the state and local rules and regulations specifically relating to cannabis. As Compliance Manager, you will work with various departments across the company to ensure the standard operating procedures incorporate the necessary compliance guidance and are being followed, keeping the company in compliance with all rules and regulations.
As the Compliance Manager you will:
- Manage the internal compliance function, including inventory and audit controls.
- Monitor compliance systems to ensure their effectiveness.
- Create and maintain compliance checklists for all business units.
- Monitor state and local laws pertaining to operations and ensure compliance with such laws.
- Work with functional leaders to ensure information is communicated and all stakeholders are properly informed of changes to regulations, policies, and procedures in their respective areas.
- Assist with training needs of individual departments.
- Identify issues, analyze current business methods and provide suggestions to ensure the company maintains compliance with local and state laws.
- Direct the implementation of compliance-related policies and procedures throughout the business.
- Send weekly reports to management with current compliance issues, recommendations, and regulatory updates
Your experience and skills include:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Legal mindset, ability to read and understand laws, ordinances, rules and regulations
- Compliance experience in a regulated industry such as healthcare, biotech, pharmaceuticals
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment
- Experience with Cannabis industry a plus but not required
- Effective time-management skills and the ability to multi-task
- Must be able to pass a Live Scan background check
Equity: When you do well, we all do well. Every employee of Canndescent is an owner of the company
Growth Opportunity: Being part of a company at the forefront of the fastest growing industry in the US.
Healthy work environment: We provide a professional and fun work environment that brings passion and profession together
Health: Medical, Dental, Vision
Paid time off: Vacation and Holidays
You need to be signed in to apply to this position
Other jobs @ Canndescent
At Canndescent, we marry the mastery of cannabis cultivation with the canvas of your life. Canndescent cultivates ultra premium cannabis flower and curates it for the adult-use California market