Payroll Tax Specialist @ Wurk
Location: Denver, Colorado
Employment type: Full Time | Experience required: Mid-Senior Level
A successful Tax specialist at Wurk will be responsible for providing day-to-day tax support for all Wurk Clients. Working closely with the Tax Supervisor, this person will inform and execute on Generating, balancing and approving tax files timely. Creating payroll clients’ profiles inside of the tax software. Generating and providing tax Power of Attorney documents to the clients. The right candidate will identify new opportunities to drive growth and build upon the Wurk brand.
What’s in it for you?
- Work with one of the most amazing tech start-ups in the industry since the interwebs started in the late 90’s
- Be a part of an incredible team that’s going places and leading an industry, located in colorful Colorado
- Apply your technical, project, and problem-solving skills to an evolving market
- Reap the benefits of Health, Dental & Vision plans, unlimited PTO, access to exciting industry events, and working with smart, collaborative peers
What you’ll need to accomplish!
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Within the first 30 days, you will learn the ins and outs of the Wurk platform and how PTM and Master Tax integrates
- At 30 days, you should be able to set up a new client in PTM and Master Tax
- By the end of 60 days, be able to process new clients, making payments and returns in both PTM and Master Tax
- Within 90 days, be a self-sufficient Tax specialist, owning the process of building, managing and support of client tax cases
- Manage tax software and implement new features and updates
- Assist with the weekly, quarterly and annual provision process
- Respond to related tax correspondence and research issues as they arise
- Auditing clients’ tax records, Checking and Completing Tax Forms
- Meet with clients to gather information and explain option to them
- Researching and understanding various tax laws
- Track multiple tasks/action items, prioritize and escalate issues when necessary
- Create and build professional documentation of new process and procedures regarding tax implementations
What you’ll need to have!
- 2-year degree or equivalent payroll tax experience
- 3+ years’ experience in payroll tax
- 3+ years’ experience with PTM and/or Master Tax
- Knowledge of basic account functions
- EA certification preferred but not required
Wurk is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Wurk does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
You need to be signed in to apply to this position
Other jobs @ Wurk
Wurk exists to help underserved cannabis businesses fortify, comply, and thrive in the face of uncertain regulatory environments. The Human Resources platform allows employers to protect and streamline their operations while providing an environment where employees are a priority every step of the way. The intuitive, all-in-one solution automates the most complicated and risk-prone processes with recruiting, scheduling, and payroll.