Senior Accountant @ Wurk
Location: Denver, Colorado
Employment type: Full Time | Experience required: Mid-Senior Level
As the Senior Accountant, you will Manage finance and accounting departments providing information, primarily financial in nature, about all company activities that will assist management, its shareholders and other users in making educated economic decisions about the company's future. This position reports directly to the CFO.
What You'll Get
- Gain exposure to a wide range of business operations and work with senior management implementing company strategy and decisions
- Work in the hottest industry since the interwebs started in the late 90's
- Opportunity to work with one of the most amazing tech start-ups in the industry, located in Colorful Colorado
- Opportunity to work with an amazing team that's going places and leading an industry
- Unlimited vacation, cool office space, healthy and plentiful snacks, fun team events, and smart, collaborative peers
- Within the first 30 days, work with the CFO to understand the systems used for the day-to-day functions
- Within the first 90 days, connect with your important stakeholders to establish hypotheses about critical issues needing attention, staff capabilities and how to operate in your organization
- Within the first 6 months, align the right resources to successfully operationalize the work,Establish a communications strategy that reinforces the culture you desire within your organization and effectively communicate your team's priorities and accomplishments to stakeholders
- Overseeing the activities of the corporate accounting department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports and analysis including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements, annual audits and budgets.
- Overseeing the activities of disbursements, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, employee expense reports, cash control, payroll processing and total corporate payroll tax compliance.
- Overseeing the activities of accounts receivable to ensure the accurate and timely management of all invoicing, aging and cash application, etc; funding service management, which includes weekly funding reports and customer service; quarter and year-end payroll closing including federal and state reports; and check statistic management.
- Assuring corporate income tax compliance to assure the accurate and timely completion of all corporate income tax returns taking full advantage of all favorable tax codes.
- Establishment and maintenance systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the company's value.
- Participation in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- Experience closing monthly books
- Five years of hands-on accounting managerial experience
- Experience with Quickbooks Online and/or proficiency in MS Excel
- Superb communication skills and ability to collaborate with others
- CPA certification preferred
Wurk is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Wurk does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
You need to be signed in to apply to this position
Other jobs @ Wurk
Wurk exists to help underserved cannabis businesses fortify, comply, and thrive in the face of uncertain regulatory environments. The Human Resources platform allows employers to protect and streamline their operations while providing an environment where employees are a priority every step of the way. The intuitive, all-in-one solution automates the most complicated and risk-prone processes with recruiting, scheduling, and payroll.