Business Development Representative @ Wurk
Location: Denver, Colorado
Employment type: Full Time | Experience required: Entry Level
Every day, we work with our customers to help them build and scale amazing cannabis companies in the fastest growing industry in the world. Each new, successful engagement begins with a Business Development Representative (BDR) who builds territory attack plans, engages new customers and assists our Marketing department in generating and cultivating new leads for the Sales team.
As a BDR, you will act as the first contact for many prospects with the objective of assisting our sales team in selling products and services. Your role will be to seek new business opportunities by contacting and cultivating relationships with potential customers and selling the Würk value proposition. Successful BDRs will possess a demonstrated ability to develop strong business relationships and sell products in a fast-paced environment. Must be highly competitive with the ability to collaborate in a team environment; possessing strong interpersonal and communicative skills, both verbal and written.
What you’ll get:
Gain exposure to a wide range of business operations and work with senior management implementing company strategy and decisions
Work in the hottest industry since the interwebs started in the late 90’s
Opportunity to work with one of the most amazing tech start-ups in the industry, located in Colorful Colorado
Opportunity to work with an amazing team that’s going places and leading an industry
Unlimited vacation, cool office space, healthy and plentiful snacks, fun team events, and smart, collaborative peers
What you’ll accomplish:
- Act as the first contact for prospects with the objective of assisting our sales team in selling products and services
- Work closely with the sales and marketing teams to communicate with prospects following campaigns, events, conferences, and seminars
- Become an expert in identifying challenges that our prospective customers face and effectively communicate findings to marketing and sales team
- Identify key decision makers in organizations
- Serve as a brand enthusiast for Wurk’s suite of products and solutions
- Build relationships with prospects and identify highly qualified opportunities to grow new business
- Bring your ideas and strategies to advance our company’s values, unique culture, and vision for the future
- Manage a database of leads in Salesforce, efficiently processing all opportunities, tracking, reporting and maintaining them until they are established in the sales pipeline
- Some travel may be required but expect less than 25%
What you’ll need:
- Experience as a BDR or in a cold-calling sales environment
- Experience in HRIS + Payroll Solutions or comparable platform is a plus
- Knowledge of CRM, Hubspot, and traditional sales cycle
- Software Sales Experience is a plus
Wurk is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Wurk does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
You need to be signed in to apply to this position
Other jobs @ Wurk
Wurk exists to help underserved cannabis businesses fortify, comply, and thrive in the face of uncertain regulatory environments. The Human Resources platform allows employers to protect and streamline their operations while providing an environment where employees are a priority every step of the way. The intuitive, all-in-one solution automates the most complicated and risk-prone processes with recruiting, scheduling, and payroll.